Our commitment to environmental awareness and preservation is reflected throughout our business.
Air Masters Corporation and Gateway Mechanical are committed to conducting business in a manner that manages environmental issues responsibly. We fulfill this commitment by:
- Complying with environmental regulations
- Conducting operations in an environmentally sound manner
- Applying the principles of reduce, reuse and recycle in all processes
- Promoting environmental responsibility among our employees
- Striving to ensure that suppliers agree to comply with environmental regulations
- Pursuing continuous improvement in our environmental performance
- Clearly communicating our environmental policy, practices, and impact to interested parties
Air Masters Makes a Commitment to a Green Environment
Air Masters has installed a 75kW solar electric (photo-voltaic) system at our building in Fenton, MO. This system will produce about 18%-20% of our power requirements. Solar is one of the best ways to decrease your carbon footprint. The Midwest is powered largely with coal, so each kWh produced from a solar system saves one pound of coal from being burned. The estimated environmental benefits of the system are:
|Tons CO2 / 25 years||1,425|
|Pounds of coal / year||90,000|
|Median car miles offset / 25 years||2,589,273|
Beyond cleaner air and lower carbon emissions, this solar system will also decrease our energy costs.
Air Masters takes pride in its partnership with clients pursuing LEED Certification for their projects and facilities. The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Green Building Rating System™ is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction, and operation of high performance green buildings.
LEED gives building owners and operators the tools they need to have an immediate and measurable impact on their buildings’ performance. LEED promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas of human and environmental health: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection, and indoor environmental quality.
The LEED Accredited Professionals at Air Masters are knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of LEED certification and energy conscience designs that focus on HVAC systems that:
- Lower operating costs and increased building value
- Reduce waste sent to landfills
- Conserve energy and water
- Healthier and safer for occupants
- Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions
- Qualify for tax rebates, zoning allowances and other incentives
- Demonstrate an owner’s commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility